I Lost 227 Pounds

First, about your diet. It is all about calories in and calories out, BUT it is not as easy as some people make it out to be. I will explain this shortly. This is where “there are different ways to lose weight” comes in. For example, there are diet plans that remove Carbs out of their diets. There are a lot of testimonies that back this type of diets as well. Sure, It works, but are you willing to stop eating bread/rice/cookies/icecream..etc for the rest of your life? It is so unnecessary. I have done this for a year. I cut out all desserts out of my diet for one full year. It sure worked, I lost a lot of weight. I went from 190LB to 160LB in a year, but once I started having desserts again, my weight was slowly, but surely increasing.

I Lost 227 Pounds



So what is the solution? Learning to cook and count calories (doesn’t have to be exact). I said that calories in and calories out is not as simple as what some people make it out to be. The concept is simple, but to put it to use in real life, it is an extremely difficult challenge, because a lot of people who are out of shape do not know how to cook with right ingredients. First, they have to have open minds to try new ingredients. This alone is a huge challenge. There are more vegetables than just iceberg lettuce. Second, they have to learn to cook with those new ingredients. Everyone has ingredients they don’t like. In my opinion, it’s not the ingredients. It’s the way the ingredients are prepared/cooked that you don’t like most of the times. Learning how to cook well is no easy tasks, but it is an absolute crucial part of losing weight.

Once you know what to eat, and how to prepare them to make delicious dishes, you need to know the portion size. You have to learn how much calories what ingredients contain. They don’t have to be exact, but you need to have a general idea. Once you have this knowledge, it is so much easier to lose/maintain your weight, because it allows you to find out how much calories you are currently taking in to maintain your current weight. This is called your basal metabolic rate. If you consume less than what you are taking in, you WILL lose weight.

As far as speed of losing weight is concerned, typical recommended rate used to be maximum 2.5LB/week, but it looks like CDC updated it to 1-2LB/week. To lose 1LB/week, you need to lose total 3500 calories, which comes out to 500 calories/day. That being said, majority of people try to lose weight as fast as they can. This is not always a good thing. I was losing about 1LB/week for about 6 months at one point, and I started losing hairs, and was getting joint pains on my fingers. Losing weights fast might work for you, but not for some people. Besides, you don’t want to feel hungry or get the urge to go binge eating while losing weight so going slow is better in my opinion. If you have a lot of weight to lose, this might help you reduce loose skins as well, but I heard this is more about genetics, your age than diet. I don’t know. All I know is that I’ve lost total 65LB with no loose skin. It took me over the span of about 8 years or so. I lost some weights, and maintained the weight for a year or two, and lost some more weights, and repeated until where I am now. I am fairly certain that I would have loose skins if I lost 65LB in 6 months as some people did.

By now, you probably heard that losing/gaining weight is all about what you eat from all difference sources. Yes, true, but you shouldn’t neglect the exercise part as well. It helps losing weight and getting into better shape than just changing your diets alone. If you exercise, but end up eating a lot more, you will still gain weight so yes, what/how much you eat is more important when it comes to losing/gaining weight.

That being said, it is similar to calories in and calories out. The concept is simple, but it is a difficult challenge to consistently able to do exercises. No, it is not exactly a will power I am talking about. Yes, you need certain amount of will power. When I was fat, I couldn’t run so I walked. It helped me lose so much weight, I was 195LB, and got down to 170LB. I walked about 7KM in the morning and 7KM again in the evening. I did that for about 3 months every single day, and yes, I was having minimal amount of junk foods as well. But I didn’t enjoy walking at all. I hated it. So once my weight went down, I stopped walking, and again just like when I cut out desserts (this was later in the future btw), I gained weight back.

So what is the solution? Having an open mind to try new exercises/sports to find out what you like to do rather than merely doing the exercise to lose/maintain weight. For me, it was walking, then biking, and then currently, swimming.

You need to understand that whether it is about your diet or exercise, what you enjoy now can and will most likely change as time goes on. You heard some people saying, losing weight is about changing your lifestyle, right? That’s exactly what it is. Losing weight is not something temporary, and doing something you hate until you lose weight. It’s about doing something you love, which helps you to be in good health and shape. Once you find the healthy foods you love, and the exercise you enjoy, it is thousand times easier than trying to power through ridiculously restrictive diet plans with sheer willpower alone. This, in my opinion, a lot of people do not understand when trying to lose weight.

[ Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/1g08C ]


Very important :

- 10 Herbs that help you lose weight naturally 

- The right ways to warm up before running 

- 10 Tips For Becoming A Faster Runner

- Lose weight by morning banana diet




No comments:

Post a Comment